Listed on 23 July 2023
Sherson Willis are currently seeking Associates to join their team. An Associate is a key member of the client service team and takes ownership of the day-to-day management of multiple client accounts including co-ordinating strategy development and defining metrics through to implementation, budget management and reporting. The overarching objective of this role is the development and implementation of best-in-class communications that deliver against agreed business objectives for a defined portfolio of clients.
As an Associate, you will:
- Develop and manage client and stakeholder relationships within a defined portfolio.
- Take ownership of client accounts including managing workflow to junior team members and confidently reporting up to senior team members.
- Develop and implement best-in-class communication strategies.
- Take time to understand client needs and expectations in order to ensure those needs are reflected in communications strategies and activities.
- Identify and drive opportunities with existing clients and participate in closing this work.
- Support and participate in new business pitches.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the media and build and maintain effective working relationships with key media stakeholders.
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role within a relevant field.
- A strong interest in the media, politics and current affairs.
- Excellent written and oral communication with ability to communicate with confidence and in a clear and professional way.
- A high level of analytical and organisational skills, excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Strong project management skills and experience co-ordinating multiple campaign elements.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism and a good sense of humour.
- Knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori is desirable.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Company issued MacBook
- A paid day off for your birthday
- Remote working and flexible working options (to be agreed)
- Unlimited sick leave
- Professional and personal development
- Architectually-designed penthouse office with lots of natural light.
- Centrally located and close to all public transport including buses, trains and ferries.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, we’d love to hear from you.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.